Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Difference Between Then and Now

That last post was not so much about my addiction - I could write a hundred posts with the same kinds of bad scenes in them. The arrest, and ensuing prison sentence, were the beginning of my recovery, and the opening up of a whole new world for me...like starting all over again as a little toddler learning to walk and talk, and right from wrong, and how to take responsibility for myself. Even now, over 5 years later,I find myself in situations in which I feel just like a small, vulnerable child that can't quite figure out the right thing to do without a little help.

I thank God that I have developed the skills, and the courage to be able to reach out when I need to - it's the only way I can survive sometimes if I am being completely honest...

No comments:

Post a Comment